Buy together and save
Buy together: $74.33 (save 5%)
9.38% of people buy Enlightenment Series Box Set: Buddha / Muhammad / Jesus (3 books) and The Secret Letters of the Monk Who Sold His Ferrari ~ Paperback ~ Robin S Sharma.
Chopra’s inspiring and revelatory Enlightenment Series books – Buddha, Jesus, and Muhammad – are more captivating than ever in this matched boxed set.
In these riveting novels rich with historical detail, international bestselling author Deepak Chopra brings to life the stories of 3 great and often misunderstood figures.
Buddha: A Story of Enlightenment
Buddha is synonymous with the term ‘enlightenment’. Although we see him as a calm, benevolent figure, the actual life story of Buddha was tumultuous and dramatic. No other human being has lived such a life. What better way to grip the reader than to tell Buddha's story from the inside?
Chopra carries the reader from Buddha's birth to the time of enlightenment – how he experienced such depths of despair and heights of ecstasy, renounced love in favour of spiritual perfection, and contained in one body enough wisdom to change the world.
- “This fast and easy-to-read book teaches without being didactic. Chopra scores a fiction winner.” Publishers Weekly
- “The Buddha’s story is compelling and… Chopra captures the essence of the spiritual seeker.” (Booklist )
- “A page turning masterpiece. This book is destined to become a classic.” Wayne Dyer
Jesus: A Story of Enlightenment
Very little is known or recorded about Jesus in his formative years. In the Gospel stories, we witness Jesus' birth and then see him as a young boy of 12 questioning the Rabbis in the Temple in Jerusalem. Following this, he does not reappear until age 30, when he emerges as the potent and stirring rebel baptized by John at the River Jordan. From his unceremonious birth in Bethlehem to his ultimate betrayal in Jerusalem, “Jesus” is a riveting and soul-stirring account of the most remarkable story of all time.
- “A gripping tale of one man’s archetypal journey through confusion, doubt, and despair to self-annihilation and the realization of his true identity as the ‘light of the world.’” (Eckhart Tolle, author of A New Earth and The Power of Now)
- “the ethereal power of his voice and the evocative manner in which he sets the stage remain effective. Perhaps the most compelling elements of the story line involve Judas and Mary Magdalene…” Publishers Weekly
- "“We journey with a very human Jesus through a tough and turbulent landscape to discover his greatest message, that of personal transformation and enlightenment. Deepak Chopra’s story is an inspiring gift for those who truly care and have the courage to seek.” (Michael Baigent)
Muhammad: A Story of the Last Prophet
Born into the factious world of war-torn Arabia, Muhammad's life is a gripping and inspiring story of one man's tireless fight for unity and peace. In a world where greed and injustice ruled, Muhammad created change by affecting hearts and minds. Just as the story of Jesus embodies the message of Christianity, Muhammad's life reveals the core of Islam. Deepak Chopra shares the life of Muhammad as never before, putting his teachings in a new light. Following the historical record but offering a unique perspective, Chopra's “Muhammad” captures the historical prophet but more importantly show us why his teachings are more important now than ever before.
- “Compellingly told, this is not only good storytelling, it also helps readers, especially non-Muslims, better understand the complexities and contradictions surrounding Islam.” (Booklist)
- “[O]ne of the most imaginative and touching biographies of Muhammad….Chopra’s grasp of Muhammad’s life and mission extends his range in a surprising direction; his popularization is welcome.” (Publishers Weekly)
- “…profound summation of his life, teachings, and service of humanity…” (Spirituality & Practice)
- “Chopra takes us into the past through the Prophet Muhammad’s journey, and brings wisdom and perspective to an often misunderstood figure." (Greg Mortenson)
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
DEEPAK CHOPRA has written more than fifty-five books and has been a bestselling author for decades, with over a dozen titles on the New York Times bestseller lists. He is the founder of the Chopra Center for Wellbeing in Carlsbad, California, and is acknowledged as one of the master teachers of Eastern philosophy in the Western world.
Discuss this product
(If you require assistance from Mighty Ape, please contact us.)
Customers who purchased this also purchased...
If you think we've made a mistake or omitted details, please send us your feedback.