- For Him
- For Her
George R.R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire is the greatest fantasy epic of the modern age – this box set collects volumes 1–5 of the series into a collectable 6 book boxed set.
The A SONG OF ICE AND FIRE series has set the benchmark for contemporary epic fantasy. Labelled by Time magazine as one of the top 100 most influential people in the world, George RR Martin has conjured a world as complex and vibrant as that of J.R.R. Tolkien’s, populated by a huge cast of fascinating, complex characters, and boasting a history that stretches back twelve thousand years.
Three great storylines weave through the books, charting the civil war for control of the Seven Kingdoms; the defence of the towering Wall of ice in the uttermost north against the unearthly threat of the Others; and across the Narrow Sea the rise to power of Daenerys Targaryen and the last live dragons in the world.
In a land where summers can last decades and winters a lifetime, trouble is brewing. The cold is returning, and in the frozen wastes to the north of Winterfell, sinister and supernatural forces are massing beyond the kingdom…
The box set includes:
A GAME OF THRONES
A CLASH OF KINGS
A STORM OF SWORDS, 1: STEEL AND SNOW
A STORM OF SWORDS, 2: BLOOD AND GOLD
A FEAST FOR CROWS
A DANCE WITH DRAGONS
Reviews for series
- ‘A Game of Thrones grabs hold and won’t let go. It’s brilliant.’Robert Jordan‘
- ‘Colossal, staggering… Martin captures all the intoxicating complexity of the Wars of the Roses or Imperial Rome in his imaginary world… one of the greats of fantasy literature.’SFX
- Such a splendid tale. I couldn’t stop till I’d finished and it was dawn.’Anne McCaffrey
- ‘Fantasy literature has never shied away from grandeur, but the sheer-mind-boggling scope of this epic has sent other fantasy writers away shaking their heads…’Guardian
- 'Dazzling in the scope of its legendry and in its heartfelt humanity, A Game of Thrones signals the onset of perhaps the most significant work of fantasy since Bilbo found the One Ring. True, that is a claim that critics and readers have made time and time again about virtually every fantasy saga to see print, but until now, in all honesty, it's been hyperbole. With A Song of Ice and Fire, it may well be true. This is one that will go beyond the status of bestseller into honest-to-goodness classic.’SFReviews
- '‘Of those who work in the grand epic fantasy tradition, Martin is by far the best’ Time Magazine
- ‘The major fantasy of the decade…compulsively readable.’ Denver Post
- ‘It is hard to accept that something that enormous and that popular is as good as people tell you it is’ Independent
George R.R. Martin sold his first story in 1971 and has been writing professionally since then. He spent ten years in Hollywood as a writer-producer, working on The Twilight Zone, Beauty and the Beast, and various feature films and television pilots that were never made. In the mid '90s he returned to prose, his first love, and began work on his epic fantasy series, A Song of Ice and Fire. He has been in the Seven Kingdoms ever since. Whenever he's allowed to leave, he returns to Santa Fe, New Mexico, where he lives with the lovely Parris, and two cats named Augustus and Caligula, who think they run the place.
Discuss this product
(If you require assistance from Mighty Ape, please contact us.)
If you think we've made a mistake or omitted details, please send us your feedback.